Monday, January 5, 2009

P90X - Day 1

You've seen the informercials with the amazing results, we all have. Dana and I aspire to look like those people.

We purchased P90X a few years ago before our trip to Mexico. The trip was about 90 days away, and we thought we could do it. Well, that lasted about one month and we threw in the towel. We did see results that were similar to those in the infomercial at the 30 day mark. If you notice, the most dramatic results come between 60 and 90 days.

So we got up at 4:00 this morning and worked out for an hour. (And if you know me, you know I AM NOT a morning person.) This program is some serious working out. I truly believe that if you did the entire program, you would look like the people in the infomercial. I took it easy this morning, but even 4 hours later, I could feel my poor body noticing it. We'll see how well I'm getting around tomorrow morning. When we did this the first time, Dana actually woke me up in the middle of the night because he couldn't move his arms. SERIOUSLY!!

Many things have motivated us to do this. One is the fact that Dana keeps seeing the infomercials on early morning TV. For me, it's the fact that my "fat jeans" fit. (Ladies, we all have them!!) And not only do they fit, but they're actually getting a little tight. If I were brave enough, I'd post my Day 1 pictures on here, but there's no way I'm doing that! I am so incredibly out of shape it makes me sick!!

Wish us luck. Hopefully making this post will motivate me to keep at it. Nothing else seems to, not even my reflection in the mirror. Perhaps when this is all said and done, I'll tell you my original weight. . . but we'll see about that!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Good Luck!!! I'll keep asking questions so you feel like you have to do this!

Amy said...

Please do and yell at me if I slack off.

Don't you have P90X?