Thursday, January 8, 2009

A little more randomness

First of all, is randomness a word? I don't know, and I don't feel like looking it up. Spell check didn't stop on it, though.

Did you know that both of my kids are named from Grateful Dead songs? Cassidy is a bona fide Dead song; I think Katie Mae is an old blues song. HOW IRONIC!! It just came up on my iPod! Not the Dead version. but another really bluesy version I found. I decided last night that when she gets married, both versions will be played at her wedding. Along with my dad and Cassidy singing K-K-K-Katie.

Anyway, the lyrics didn't have anything to do with my (our) choice of names, I just liked them both. I think the best line from the two is from Katie Mae.

She walks just like her daddy's got oil wells in her back yard.

That's Katie Mae all right!!

I said I would blog about our exercising. Well, this morning. . . yoga. . . we didn't do it. Going to bed at 10:30 and getting up before 4:30 and doing yoga. . . that's just too much. And aside from the hot chocolate I had because my throat hurt, and the small bowl of Cap'n Crunch, I've been very good. And considering there's a box of Cap'n in the house and it's Thursday, that's saying a lot. The Cap'n is my nemesis. We'll be back at it tomorrow. I need to go to bed by 9:00!!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am waiting for an update!!! Keep up the X-treeme ness