Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Were you born in a barn?"

This is a question I find myself asking my son . . . often. Recently, I've switched it up a bit and say, "I know you weren't born in a barn; I was there!" The first time I said it, he thought it was kinda funny. I actually got a little laugh out of him.

This morning I asked him to start my car. About 5 minutes later I came downstairs and the front door was standing wide open. Not cracked, but ALL THE WAY OPEN!!!! I taught him to say "please" and "thank you" but somehow I failed at the closing the door thing.

A few minutes after the door was shut, we all went out to catch the bus. I got the mail because no one did yesterday, and pulled back into the lane. As we waited, I went through the mail, all junk. I see the bus coming and announce this to the kids. As Cassidy is about to get out, I get a good look at him. HE DOESN'T HAVE A COAT ON!!!! It was 20 degrees this morning. I guess now he's too cool to wear a coat and a hoodie is good enough? Oh, well. Chalk one up for "Mother of the Year."

No comments: