Monday, December 8, 2008

It's a PHONE!

This weekend Cassidy's phone actually rang. It NEVER rings, but we always hear the "New Message" tone. He talked for a minute then hung up. I asked who it was, he told me, then said "I don't know why she didn't text." Yeah, why on earth would she want to call you on your phone when she can just text you. Geeze, mom!

I should talk. As I sat typing the above paragraph, my phone made the "new message" tone. From my brother - a forwarded joke.


Phones today are anything but. In addition to the phone, I've got a calendar, calculator, alarm, camera, mp3 player, the internet and probably a dozen other things that I don't even know it does. I remember when they came out with camera phones. I was like "Why on earth would you ever want or need a camera phone." Now I don't know how we lived without them. I went furniture shopping today (Cassidy needs a new dresser for his new room.) and I took a picture of the dresser so that I could show it to Cassidy. And what did I do at 3:50 today? Yep, I texted it to him!



Remember when we bought phones for emergencies only? Ah, the good ol' days!

No comments: