Thursday, December 4, 2008

Did you watch?

Ah, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I watched for the first time last night. I wasn't sure what to expect, and after about 10 minutes, I asked myself (and my sister by text) "Can they really do this for an entire hour?" Oh yes, they can. I have to say, it was pretty cool. They had interviews with the models; cool costumes, make-up and shoes; and live performances by Usher. What's not to love about that?

Now, before I get on my soap box, I have to say that I love Victoria's Secret. And thanks to my sister who now works there, I have an abundance of Victoria's Secret in my drawer. (Thanks, Angie!!) So, with that being said. . .


I did have mixed emotions about it. As I sat there on the couch in sweats, surrounded by folded laundry and eating a bowl of froot loops, (I know, I know) and wondered if they were trying to sell underwear, or just parade around a bunch of super hot girls. Those women look NOTHING like regular women anywhere in the world. They really are the anomaly, and we all try to live it up that standard. Well, maybe not live up to it, but it sure made me feel crappy as I thought "I have NEVER looked like that and never will!"


But by the end of the fashion show, I realized that I love being a girl. Only girls get to wear pretty underwear and $5 million dollar bras!. (Click on Adriana Lima in the Fantasy bra. It's covered in diamonds and rubies!) I love shoes, purses, clothes, make-up, and yes, even my underwear. And I love having a daughter to share it all with.


So, thank you Victoria's Secret for making us feel pretty, no matter what our size is.
OK, was that random enough for you?






2 comments:

Kerri said...

I don't know that I'd call it "random"..
But I'm damn glad I was voting millionaires out of impoverished neighborhoods last night..
I don't think I could have taken watching the hot chicks parade around half naked while I was eating my McRib and fries..

Amy said...

Perhaps "scattered thoughts" is a better description. I was all over the board trying to put my thoughts together.