Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"You look exactly the same!"

I always get excited when I get a friend request on Facebook. I know, it's pretty pathetic. I got one the other day and clicked to see who it was. It was someone I didn't know, but we had 10 firends in common. So I click to see who they are. They're all people I went to high school with, so I must have gone to high school with this person. I dig out my yearbook and look them up thinking surely it would jog my memory. Nope, I can honeslty say I have no clue who this person is.

But I digress, this is not the reason for my post. It is the yearbooks. Katie enjoyed looking at one, she insisted that I get the rest of them out. So, I did. She has a way, you know. She wanted to see Andy and Angie as well. We started with 1987 because all 3 of us are in there. Angie a Senior, I'm a Junior and Andy a Freshman.

I covered up the names so she couldn't cheat and told her to find Andy. She asked for a hint.
"He's a boy."
I get the look from her.
"And he has hair."

She can't find him, so I cover half the page and she finds him immediately.
"He looks just like Grandpa!"
"WHAT??!!"
"He does. He looks just like Grandpa!"
Andy's reaction when I texted this to him:
"OMG! Put that away!"



Then we move on to my page. She finds me right away and laughs.

"You look exactly the same!"
Well, I don't know about that. . . .



She also finds a picture of me in the hall my Junior year. She points to it and says,
"Mom, what up with those jeans?" She says this with attitude, of course.
"Those are stone wash."
"What's stone wash?"
"That!"



She sits down with all the yearbooks and proceeds to try to find the three of us in any and all pictures. She points to one and asks if its me. When I tell her no, she says absentmindedly, "But there are so many curls."

Yep, ladies and gentlemen, it was the 80s! We ALL had curls!!!

I then remember looking through my Mom's yearbook when I was a kid and thinking how incredibly long ago that was. (I'm sure that's what Katie was thinking last night.) There is one image that sticks with me. A picture of the girls in their poodle skirts (or something similar) all lined up in the hall on their knees. Mom said that's how they measured your skirt to make sure it was long enough. The skirt hem had to touch the floor. How degrading is that? We've sure come a long way!

I hope you've enjoyed returning to the 80s with me. It was rather fun last night!









1 comment:

Janice said...

Very nice pictures......If it helps...I think you look a bit different :)