Thursday, October 15, 2009

You can't judge a book by it's cover, can you?

As you may know, I've been reading a lot lately. My latest book I picked up simply because of it's cover: "The Unthinkable thoughts of Jacob Green."



This is the story about a boy in a slighty dysfunctional family. (Although, I have decided that we're all a bit dysfunctional from time to time.)  The story begins when Jacob is 10 and quickly moves on to age 13. From there, 15.

I did enjoy the book and found some places a little disturbing because I have a 13-year-old son. However, the ending was a little frustrating, or perhaps it was just thought provoking. It's one of those books that don't end. I finished the chapter and quickly turned the page, only to find it blank.

Another book I just picked up one day in the library was "Bone House". It takes place in early 17th-century rural England and surrounds the death of the village prostitute. I saw it in the library a few years ago and I have no idea what I was looking for, but the title stopped me. I read the jacket and thought maybe I would come back and get it some day. I eventually did and it was an excellent book. I would highly recommend it!



No comments: