Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!

It's Halloween, my least favorite holiday of the year. As I've gotten older, it's become more and more of a chore for me. I hate coming up with costumes and/or paying $30 for some cheap costume my kids will never wear again. (Well, Katie sometimes will play in hers.) Anyway, I really hate being invited to a costume party as an adult. Dana and I went to a Halloween Party a few years ago, and I decided I wasn't going to waste any money buying a costume, and I'm just not creative enough to come up with one on my own. So we didn't dress up. Surely we wouldn't be the only ones not dressed up, right??!! Well, we were. Oh, well, Live and Learn!

I'm home sick again today. Katie and I were both under the weather yesterday, so we took the day off. I'm still not feeling well, so decided to stay home again. I tend to gauge this by asking myself if I would want to listen to me sniffling, sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose if I was at the next desk. If my answer is "no", then I stay home.

Katie and I rented "Kit Kitteredge: An American Girl" yesterday. It was actually very good. Yes, it was as wholesome as it gets, but it was refreshing to see a true family movie. And how can you not love Abigail Breslin, Little Miss Sunshine. (Another great movie as well, although not nearly as wholesome.)

Have a Happy Halloween and don't let the kids get sick on their dinner of candy!!

No comments: